For your film to be eligible to enter [REC] Ya Shorts Youth Film Festival, there are a few rules to enter.
1. Your film has to be under 6 minutes duration, including intro and credits. No exceptions.
2. Include the theme of “ESCAPE” into your film. It can be as literal or abstract as you like.
3. Your film is to include [REC] Ya Shorts’ signature item for 2018 – “SIGN”.
4. If you are using another person’s music in your film, please make sure you have their permission to do so. If you do not have an artists’ permission or have not made your own music or sourced copyright free material, your film will not be eligible for the competition.
5. The festival is open to film-makers from regional Australia only. Sorry, we cannot accept entries from metropolitan areas.
6. Creativity, originality and story-telling will be more highly considered in judging than production value – you don’t need a flashy camera to make a great, captivating short film (although it does need to be shot in HD for screening purposes). It’s your story and how you tell it that counts.
7. Your film is to be rated G or PG. This means no over-the-top violence, drugs, swearing or sexual content. If your film cannot be shown at a public screening for families then your film may not be eligible. [REC] Ya Shorts Youth Film Festival reserves the right to not include any films that contradict this rule. If in doubt, ask us on the [REC] Ya Shorts’ Facebook page.
9. This festival is about giving new films an audience, therefore your film must have finished principal photography after January 1st, 2018.
More information on prizes coming soon!